3/27/2017

#7 Taro Milk Tea

     Hi everyone. I am glad to meet you guys again at my blog. Spring break is over. I had a very good time in Denver with my friends. We had a road trip enjoying the beautiful natural views in Colorado. We went to the Rocky Mountain National Park, went to shopping in downtown Denver and enjoyed the hot spring in Glenwood. The most unforgettable thing is to going skiing. It was my first time to do such exciting sport. At first, I found myself clumsy to ski as it was hard for me to take turns or stop. However, it was getting better. I took a cable car from the foot to the top of a hill and I skied down. I felt really satisfied and confident when I managed to do something I couldn't before. It was a great experience. If you have chance to go to Colorado, I highly recommend you to go skiing.
      When the exciting spring break comes to the end, we need to make our mind back to study. Today I am going to introduce taro milk tea to you, as it a good way to relax and get ready to the hard-working week. Let's begin.

How to make taro milk tea?


Step 1

What you need:
200g taro
some barley rice
2 tbsp condensed milk
80ml milk
50ml tea














Step 2

First, soak barley rice in water more than 6 hours, which helps to improve the texture. 
You can soak the barley rice one night before you make the milk tea.
Then, put them into a pot. Boil them with high heat, and then turn to light heat after boiling. It takes 30 minutes to stew.
It will be finished when 15% of them looks like blossom. 
Get them out of the pot.





Step 3
Prepare the taro. 
Both large taro and small taro are awesome. 
Cut them into thick pieces and put them into steamer, which takes 20 minutes.
Take the taro out and put them into mixer.
Add some condensed milk and milk, then mix it.

















Step 4

 Make the tea. 
What I use is Wu Long tea. You can substitute with your favorite one, but I think this kind of tea is better.
Put the tea into a teapot, and wait for minutes until it smells good.















Step 5
Now boil the milk. 
Add some sugar after boiling. Make it into light, medium, heavy or holly sweet as you like.


Step 6
Then make the milk tea. 
Put barley rice first, then add the taro mash. Pour the hot milk into them. After that, mix with Wu Long tea.
Put the straw in your cup.
And enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this blog! As I scroll through the different posts I am drawn in by the clean photos you use for each post. Also, I don't know if you've tried it out but I wonder if the words were a little bit darker that it would make them stand out even more? All together I am loving your blog, there are so many recipes I want to try now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I changed it to a darker gray. Now it looks better and it's more comfortable to read. Thanks for your advice! It's really useful.

      Delete